Marbled Background Stamp with So Many Shells

The Marbled Background Stamp got together with So Many Shells for a fun ocean-themed handmade card.  When I saw the Marbled stamp in the new catalog in May, I was intrigued.  I thought it might end up being too busy for my taste, but thought it had some potential.  So I ordered it.

With all the beach scenes I’ve been creating this summer, I started thinking that the Marbled stamp might look like the ocean in the right context.  And so it does, especially combined with So Many Shells.

Marbled Background Stamp with So Many Shells in handmade card from Stamping Madly

The circles were cut with the Layering Circles Framelits and the Stitched Shapes Framelits.  The combination of circles was one of those wonderful accidents that can happen sometimes when you’re looking for just the right effect!

Marbled is stamped tone-on-tone with Soft Sky in this background.  I think it would be a bit much otherwise, but you know I don’t like bold, busy backgrounds that detract from artwork.  I’ll have to experiment some more with this fascinating stamp.  Here’s what it looks like in the online store.  You can see why I thought it might be too busy.

Marbled Background Stamp from Stampin' Up!
Marbled Background Stamp (wood-mount 143755, clear-mount 144772)

So Many Shells has a lot of great sentiments in addition to the lovely shells.  Use this link to see another card made with this set:  Seas the Day

So Many Shells Stamp Set from Stampin' Up!

So Many Shells (photopolymer 143695)

You can use these sentiments whenever you want to send words of support and appreciation to loved ones.

Please leave a comment to let me know what you think of this card and the stamp sets.  That always inspires me to keep posting new things for you!

If you’re looking for something a little different for your handmade cards, you’ll love pairing the Marbled Background Stamp with So Many Shells from Stampin’ Up!

, , , ,

10 Responses to Marbled Background Stamp with So Many Shells

1. Christine Schlegel July 18, 2017 at 3:44 pm #

This is gorgeous!

• Sage July 18, 2017 at 3:46 pm #

Thanks, Christine. Glad you like it.

2. mary hale July 18, 2017 at 3:56 pm #

Beautiful card! I was not interested in the Marbled Background Stamp when the catalog came out. I have seen several projects using it and now am wondering if I do indeed want it after all!?!?!?!?!?!

• Sage July 18, 2017 at 4:03 pm #

Thanks, Mary. It turns out to be a good choice for me, since I love creating backgrounds. You might love it, too!

3. Jane Stevens July 18, 2017 at 6:47 pm #

Love this look you did with the marble stamp!!! Really pretty with the soft sky!

4. Jackie July 18, 2017 at 7:26 pm #

I have the Marbled background stamp, but had no idea how to use it. Thanks for sharing the card it’s awesome. Love how you combined all the circles with seashells. Must get the Many Seashells stamp.

5. Sandy F. July 18, 2017 at 10:34 pm #

I love the card, too, but am interested in the “happy accident” that gave you the circles. Please explain or share how to combine the circle framelits and the stitched shape framelits to get this look. Thank you.

• Sage July 18, 2017 at 10:43 pm #

Hi Sandy. I was just trying to find the right size circle to place the shells on, and ended up cutting down a couple of sizes, leaving me with the rings. I set the card aside before I had finished the design, and the circles and the shells slid off to the side, into the configuration you see on the card. That was my happy accident. If you have the Layering Circles Framelits you can cut those nice thin rings easily. And the Stitched Shapes Framelits are the same size as some of the Layering Circles.

6. Susan Prinsloo July 18, 2017 at 11:00 pm #

Looks very good will love to have it but with our exchange rate it is out of a pensioners money range love your show full of humor and love

• Sage July 18, 2017 at 11:08 pm #

Thanks Susan. Sorry you won’t be able to get one for yourself. Do you live where there are Stampin’ UP! Demonstrators?