If you want to make a handmade card for fall, Vintage Leaves and the Leaflets Framelits will give you spectacular results! You can see other samples of cards make with Vintage Leaves in these posts: Giving Thanks Card, Father’s Day Card, Videos to Increase Color Savvy (look for the card made with Peekaboo Peach).
Although this card has a sentiment that’s perfect for Thanksgiving, you could use a different sentiment for any occasion: Birthday Card, Friendship Card, Thinking of You, etc. It’s also a great choice for masculine cards. Vintage Leaves will help you bring the spirit and beauty of the fall season into any card you make!
Here are tips in case you want to CASE this card:
- The leaves were heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder on Cherry Cobbler, Delightful Dijon, Cajun Craze and Crushed Curry
- Each leaf was then sponged with a darker ink for the Emboss Resist effect. See the video below for instructions for this technique.
- The sentiment is from Suite Seasons, stamped in Cherry Cobbler, and embellished with a Cherry Cobbler heart from the Regals Enamel Shapes.
- The sentiment and mat were cut with the Layering Ovals Framelits–you’ll love how the dies are sized so you can get small, graceful mats for your layers! Even better, these Framelits are 25% off during this week’s Special Offer. But only through 11:50 PM tonight, Mountain Time!
- The background layer is a piece of Fancy Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper, lightly sponged with Sahara Sand ink to show off the texture.
If you weren’t impressed with the Fancy Frost DSP in the 2016 Holiday Catalog, it’s worth taking another look, as it’s embossed in delicate patterns. Stampin’ Up! has had other embossed DSP that you could add color to in order to bring out the pattern. But instead of white on white like heat embossing, the Fancy Frost papers are dry embossed, like when you use an Embossing Folder. Each piece has an embossed side and a debossed side. They’re quite elegant, and subtle enough to provide interest in a background without detracting from your focal point!
Click on the image to see a larger view of the awesome Fancy Frost Specialty DSP:
Take a look at the Embossed Resist Technique, and imagine all the ways you can use it in your handmade cards and paper craft projects!
Get ready to make some awesome handmade fall cards with the Vintage Leaves stamp set and the Fancy Frost DSP!