If you want to make a Shaker Card with a gorgeous Christmas theme, the Starlight Thinlits Bundle is the perfect place to start! You’ll love all the ways you can use the elegant dies along with the stamps in the coordinating Star of Light stamp set. You can see another sample in this post: Star of Light. Cardmakers and paper crafters are thrilled with the new 2016 Holiday Catalog from Stampin’ Up!, and this card is only one example of why they are!
Shaker cards seem to fascinate everyone, and you’ll get questions about how you did that! They’re really very simple once you learn the steps:
- Cut out a shape: The star outline from Starlight Thinlits works great.
- Put a piece of Window Sheet behind it.
- Add something to create a space between the top and bottom layers. I cut a piece of craft foam for this card.
- Fill with something fun: The 2016 Holiday Catalog has a Mica Flake Trio Pack in 3 colors. The flakes I used are from an older Holiday Catalog, and are larger than the current ones. Other options include sequins, tiny beads, small cut-outs from dies or punches, or anything you can think of that’s small enough to put between your two layers!
- Then adhere the bottom layer to the craft foam, enclosing the space with the filling.
Leave a comment if you’d like a video on the technique.
Just imagine all fun you can have creating projects with the dies and stamps in the Starlight Bundle. Click on the image below if you want to see the sentiments in a larger view.
This bundle is so versatile, you’ll want to keep checking back for more samples. Meanwhile, let me know if you want to see a video on how to make a Shaker Card with the Starlight Thinlits Bundle!