Video: How to Get Stamps to Stay on Clear Blocks

If you’re having trouble getting your clear mount rubber stamps to say on the clear blocks, I’ve got a video with tips for you!  This is a common problem for many cardmakers and paper crafters.  I’ve given advice over the phone and in emails so many times that I finally decided to do a quick video to address the issue.

Leave a comment and let me know if you find this helpful!  Or if you have any other strategies you use.  I’m always open to try new ways of using paper crafting tools and supplies!

I hope this video gives you some good ideas for getting your clear mount rubber stamps to stick to the clear blocks!

, , , ,

8 Responses to Video: How to Get Stamps to Stay on Clear Blocks

1. VickiB September 21, 2015 at 10:09 am #

Thanks for your video of tips. My question – why doesn’t Stampin Up address this issue by changing out the vinyl that they use for the index?

• Sage September 21, 2015 at 4:47 pm #

I don’t know, Vicki. Do you know of a cling label that actually sticks to the blocks?

2. Kay Bonnell September 22, 2015 at 1:57 am #

Another way to get the stamps to stay on the clear blocks is to gently rub the stamp and block on clothes to create static electricity. I have had no problems. Got this idea from a stamp n up demonstrator on youtube – sorry I can not remember which one.

• Sage September 22, 2015 at 2:38 pm #

Thanks for the tip, Kay. I did that when they first came out, but never had very good luck with this strategy, especially when it came to cleaning the stamps. May have something to do with humidity or lack of same.

3. ColleenB.~Texas September 24, 2015 at 4:20 am #

Wonderful video and great tips. Never too old to learn something new

• Sage September 24, 2015 at 12:27 pm #

Thanks, Colleen. I feel the same way!

4. Robin October 4, 2015 at 11:35 pm #

I have been using the Tombo glue for quite a while but I am going to try your tip.

• Sage October 5, 2015 at 12:45 pm #

Thanks for the comment, Robin. I’m really liking this new (for me) strategy! Tombow makes my blocks so messy!