Here are my top three reasons to use Black StazOn. You’ll love this ink, and find it a must-have supply for your cardmaking and paper crafting projects.
- Stamped greetings: If you want a crisp, bright black ink for greetings and sentiments on your cards, Black StazOn is the perfect choice. It will make the words pop right off the page!
- Coloring images: If you love to color stamped images, then Black Stazon is a must. It dries quickly and completely, and is truly waterproof, so applying color with a Blender Pen or even an Aqua Painter won’t cause the black outline to run. Just give the image a few seconds to dry before starting to color it. Here’s an example:
- Using the Stamp-a-ma-jig: When you stamp on the image sheet with Black StazOn, it will dry immediately and completely, and you’ll never get smudges on your work. Unfortunately the ink from Stampin’ Up!’s newer foam pads doesn’t dry completely on the plastic image sheet, and I’ve ruined more than one project using them!
By the way, If you don’t know what a Stamp-a-ma-jig is, or how to use it, you need to learn! It’s the handy tool that will help you position images and greetings exactly where you want them, lined up straight and centered every time! You can watch a quick video on how to use it on my YouTube Channel: How to Use the Stamp-a-ma-jig.
More tips about StazOn Ink:
- This is a solvent ink, which means you can use it on a variety of non-porous surfaces, like metal, vellum, cellophane, glass, leather . . . You get the idea. And of course you can use it on paper and card stock, too.
- It works best with stamps that have outlines rather than “silhouette” stamps (those with large areas of flat rubber). You can use them with silhouette stamps, you just have to work harder to get even ink coverage on the stamp.
- You’ll need a different type of cleaner than the Stampin’ Mist you use for your regular dye inks. StazOn Cleaner is oil-based, and cleans Black StazOn really well. And if you have well-loved stamps that never seem to get all the ink stains off the rubber no matter how much Stampin’ Mist you use, StazOn Cleaner will get rid of the stains.
- How to clean a stamp that has StazOn ink on it:
- Apply StazOn Cleaner directly to the stamp (there’s an applicator right on the top of the bottle), then wipe it off with a rag. You’ll see that it just dissolves all the black ink.
- The stamp will still be a little oily, so it’s a good idea to clean it with Stampin’ Mist and the Stampin’ Scrub just to make sure it won’t mess up the next color you use on the stamp.
- Then stamp off any ink residue on some scratch paper (this is a good idea no matter what kind of ink or cleaner you’re using!)
If you haven’t used Black StazOn ink, I highly recommend you try it. It’s a necessity in my stamp studio, because it does a better job than Basic Black Dye Ink in most situations.
Leave me a comment to let me know if you find this post helpful. Remember the top three reasons for using Black StazOn, and you’re paper crafting projects will look great!