Google is messing with things again, and if you have a gmail account, you’re definitely going to want know what they’re up to. Especially if you’re on any of my mailing lists.
GMail has started a new category system and is sorting your mail for you. Could be nice, but here’s the part that isn’t nice. One of the categories they set up is called “Promotions,” and this is where they put any email from mailing list services (like the Stamping Madly Newsletter, or the Mad Stampers Club mailing list). It’s also where they put emails from people who only send junk mail.
So if you don’t want the Stamping Madly Newsletter and other Mad Stamper emails ending up with all the spam, there’s an easy fix:
- Go to your gmail account online.
- Click on the “Promotions” tab at the top of the window–it’s to the right of other tabs on my account.
- Find an email from me in the Promotions box, and drag and drop it into the “Primary” tab.
- Look for the dialogue box above the tab that asks if you want to do this for future emails from me. Click “Yes!” to make sure you don’t miss any updates from Stamping Madly.
- If you don’t see any emails from me under the Promotions tab, look again tomorrow–the newsletter will be out in the afternoon.
If you have a GMail account, be sure my emails end up where you’ll see them by moving them to the “Primary” inbox!