Dorothy Thompson submitted this entry for the Stamping Madly Cardmaking Contest. She says, "The image on my card entry is supposed to be aged looking and not a clear an evenly inked image. Going for the aged or vintage or shabby chic look." She's disappointed the bow got flattened when she scanned the card–so just imagine the it as a soft fluffy bow that is so typical of Seam Binding.
What a soft and lovely card! Be sure to leave a comment for Dorothy to let her know what you think. There are only a couple more cards to post before I'll be announcing the winner of the $50 prize. Although I'll choose my favorite, I'm paying attention to all your comments. I think we've had some great entries, and a lot of variety.
Everyone who entered the contest went to so much trouble to write out the directions, I hope you'll try CASing (Create and Share) your favorites. If you decide to make Dorothy's card, be aware that the stamp set, Elements of Style is on the Retired List and is only available until June 3rd.
Here are Dorothy's directions:
Very Vintage Wheel #117693
Elements of Style #120045
Scallop edge punch #119882
Scallop circle punch 1 1/4" #127811
Scallop circle punch 7/8" #129404
Stampin trimmer #126889
Stampin dimensionals #104430
SNAIL adhesive #104331
Pearl basic jewels #119247
1/2" Seam binding ribbon #122332
Stampin write marker in soft suede
Paper and ink:
very vanilla #1001650;
crumb cake paper#120953, crumb cake ink #126975;
soft suede paper #115318, soft suede ink #126978
1. Using Crumb Cake ink roll Very Vintage Wheel onto a piece of Very Vanilla paper 5 1/2 by 2 " inches long. Using scallop border punch, punch one edge.
2. Cut piece of crumb cake paper 5 1/2 inches x 3 5/8". Using scallop border punch, punch one edge.
3. Ink Elements of Style large flower stamp with crumb cake. Using soft suede ink pad rock pad around the edge of the of stamp to get the darker edge. Huff on stamp and stamp on Very Vanilla paper. I started with 1/4 sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" paper and trimmed the image to 3 1/2" to get the part of the image wanted for card. (or you can start with the 5 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of Very Vanilla). Tie Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon in a bow low on the stamped Very Vanilla piece.
- Note: The technique Dorothy describes above is called the Rock and Roll Technique, and you can see a video on how to do it on my YouTube Channel: http://youtu.be/hRXg8nJ5QK8
4. Cut 8 1/2" x 11" Soft Suede paper horizontally.
5. Layer pieces as follows (refer to picture of card for visual help):
- Step a. Very Vanilla Elements of Style onto Scalloped edge Crumb Cake,leaving 1/8" of Crumb Cake paper showing on the right side (straight edge).
- Step b. Layer assembled Step a onto scalloped edge Very Vanilla stamped with Very Vintage Wheel. Leave about the same amount of this showing as there is showing of the Crumb Cake scalloped edge.
- Step c. Layer assembled Step b onto card base of Soft Suede leaving 1/8" of Soft Suede showing on right side (straight edge).
6. Using 1 1/4" Scallop circle punch once scrap of Soft Suede paper.
7. Using Soft Suede Stampin marker color the words for you on the small stamp from Elements of Style set. Punch this out using 7/8" Scallop circle punch. Glue to Soft Suede 1 1/4" circle punched in step 6.
8. Using Stampin dimensionals attach layered Scalloped circle assembled in Step 7 to card.
9. Place Pearl basic jewels as shown on card or in your choice of design. Three smallest pearls on scalloped circle below the for and above the you. Three pearls in each of the three of the larger flower. Use size appropriate pearls for this or mix them up.
"Make more than one at a time, it is easier! That way you make more than one
person happy to get a card from you! It is nice to have one on hand also. Enjoy!!"
Thanks to Dorothy Thompson for her wonderful Cardmaking Contest entry and great directions!