Here's an entry for the Stamping Madly Cardmaking Contest from Robbie Chandler. Although the deadline for entries was last Friday, it will take a while before I can get them all posted. I hope you enjoy seeing the variety of cards from so many stampers, and from so many places.
What a lovely effect she created with the layers of stamping and sponging and embossing! I'm going to have to experiment with the technique myself. I hope you will, too.
Be sure to leave a comment for all the contest entries. Although I'll choose my favorite for the $50 prize, I will take all your comments into account when I'm making the decision.
- Stamp Sets: Secret Garden, Papillon Potpourri, Flowering Flourishes
- Card Stock: Midnight Muse 4-1/4" x 11"; Crumb Cake 4" x 5-1/4"; River Rock 3-3/4" x 5"
- Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, VersaMark
- Ribbon: Midnight Muse Satin Stitched
- Embossing Powder: Cherry Cobbler, Black
- Tools: Decorative Label Punch, Medium Oval Punch, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool, Blender Pens, Stamping Sponges
- Fold Card base in half.
- Adhere larger Crumb Cake piece to card base.
- Smooth Embossing Buddy all over smaller River Rock piece.
- In VersaMark, stamp 3 flourish designs randomly on smaller Crumb Cake piece. Sprinkle Cherry Cobbler embossing powder over flourishes. Heat.
- In VersaMark, stamp 1 large butterfly in bottom right corner and smaller butterfly in upper center between flourishes.
- In VersaMark, stamp 5 flowers randomly on Crumb Cake piece.
- Sprinkle black embossing powder over Crumb Cake piece and heat.
- Sponging: begin with the flowers. Sponge Raspberry Ripple in center of flowers then Primrose Petal around that almost to edges of the flowers.
- Sponge butterflies with Midnight Muse. Sponge Midnight Muse randomly around.
- Sponge Old Olive and Primrose Petal randomly around lightly.
- Sponge Crumb Cake lightly over the whole card.
- Sponge edges heavily with Primrose Petal then with Midnight Muse.
- Emboss with Lattice Square Embossing Folder.
- Tie ribbon and adhere to art piece. Adhere art piece to card base.
- Stamp sentiment and punch with medium oval punch. Punch Midnight Muse with Decorative Label punch. Adhere sentiment in the middle of Midnight Muse punched piece. Adhere to card.
- Emboss large and small butterflies on white scrap with black embossing powder. Color center with blender pen and Primrose Petal. Color wings with blender pens and Midnight Muse. Punch with butterfly punches and adhere to card on top of butterflies.
Thanks to Robbie Chandler for sharing her Cardmaking Contest Entry with us, and for the great directions!