Donna Breunig sent in this entry for the Stamping Madly Cardmaking Contest.
What a soft and lovely card this is! Be sure to leave a comment for all the contest entries. Although I'll choose my favorite for the $50 prize, I will take all your comments into account when I'm making the decision.
Lucky for you she included the card "recipe."
Stamps: Inside Oval: Close as a Memory (Retired). Could substitute from the Just Believe set, Pleasant Poppies or your choice. Outside Oval: Secret Garden. Sentiment: Your Choice
Cardstock: Whisper White; Bashful Blue
- 8½" x 5½ " Whisper White, folded in half for card base
- 4" x 5 1/4" Bashful Blue
Other: Two-step Bird Punch; Scallop Trim Corner Punch; Oval Framelits Die; Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die; Secret Garden Framelits Die; White Embossing Powder.
Ink: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Pretty in Pink, Pacific Point, Garden Green
Misc: Vellum, Glue Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Basic Pearls, Dazzling Details, Sponge, Aqua Painter, Embossing Buddy, Heat Tool
- Center Oval on the Bashful Blue CS; Run through the Big Shot or other die cutting machine. Emboss the Oval cut-out for a finished frame.
- Punch the lower right corner of the Bashful Blue CS with the Scallop Trim punch.
- Take a larger Oval Die; using removable tape, center and tape die to Whisper White CS, sponge inside the die with Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Pretty in Pink. (This could be done without an oval for a guide as long as the sponging is larger than the oval opening on the Bashful Blue card stock.)
- Stamp the flower image with Whisper White Craft ink and emboss with white embossing powder.
- Tap the vellum with the Embossing Buddy. Stamp the two lined flowers and the one solid flower with the Whisper White ink on the vellum; cover with White Embossing Powder, and melt with Heat Tool.
- On back side of the embossed images, using the Aqua Painter, color the two flowers using Pacific Point; Add Daffodil Delight to the centers of each flower.
- Cut out the flowers with the Secret Garden Framelits Die.
- Cut out the leaves from vellum with the Two Step Bird Punch; Color with Garden Green.
- Cut the butterfly out of vellum with the Beautiful Wings Embosslits Die; Add Dazzling Details to the wings. Let dry. Add two small pearls to the middle of the butterfly.
- Add sentiment to the Bashful Blue card stock.
- Adhere the Bashful Blue to the Whisper White card stock.
- Using a Dimensional on the solid flower, place on the oval. Using glue dots on the centers, place the other flowers one on each side of the solid flower. Adhere the leaves and butterfly with glue dots.
Great directions, Donna! Thanks for taking the time to share your card with us.
If you haven't sent me an entry yet, you have one more day. Get all the details in the post "Want an Extra $50 in Your Pocket?" Keep in mind that if you don't have a card that is 90% current Stampin' Up!, or you don't want to write out the directions, I'd love to have you send it for an "honorary" entry–meaning it's not eligible for the $50 prize. Whether you're a brand new stamper or an experienced cardmaker, this contest is about honoring all who pour their hearts into their handmade cards!
Thanks to Donna Breunig for her Cardmaking Contest Entry!