This Cardmaking Contest Entry is from Bette Schroder, one of the Mad Stampers Club members. She cased this card (case=copy and share), but changed it enought to make it her own.
Be sure to leave a comment for all the contest entries. Although I'll choose my favorite for the $50 prize, I will take all your comments into account when I'm making the decision.
When she sent me the directions for making this card, she said, "Wow! Writing out the directions was harder than I thought it would be!! Makes me appreciate you and your work even more!" I can sure empathize with her. Even after lots of practice it is still challenging for me to find the words to describe a process that is best learned visually.
- Stamps: Everything Eleanor; Vintage Verses (from Sale-a-Bration)
- Cardstock: Very Vanilla
- 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" folded in half for card base
- 4" x 5 1/4"
- 3" x 4"
- Ink: Baja Breeze; Not Quite Navy
- Other: Big Shot, Embossing Folder (of your choice), Baja Breeze Seam Binding, Artisan Embellishment Kit, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals
- Run the 4" x 5-1/4" piece of card stock through the Big Shot in the Embossing Folder of your choice. (The one she used is the only non-Stampin' Up! product on the card.)
- Sponge the edges of the card base and the embossed piece with Crumb Cake ink.
- Add a strip of large Oval Lace from the Artisan Embellishments Kit to the embossed piece, anchoring the ends on the back with Sticky Strip.
- Add a strip of Baja Breeze Seam Binding on top of the Oval Lace, using Glue Dots to hold it in place.
- Make a bow from the Seam Binding, and attach it to the strip on the card with Glue Dots. Scrunch the ends of the Seam Binding when attaching them to the lace.
- Attach the embossed piece to the card front using Sticky Strip.
- Add the button from the Artisan Embellishments Kit to the center of the bow with Sticky Strip.
- Stamp the image from Everything Eleanor on the small piece of Very Vanilla, using Baja Breeze ink. Stamp the sentiment from Vintage Verses in Not Quite Navy ink on top of the Baja Breeze shape.
- Cut out the stamped shape from Everything Eleanor, and attach to card front with Dimensionals.
Pretty card, don't you think? Be sure to leave a comment.
Only 8 more days until the deadline to submit a card. You can send an honorary entry if it doesn't meet all the criteria: (90% current Stampin' Up!, with supply list and directions). See the rules in the post: Want an Extra $50 in Your Pocket?
If you haven't sent me a sample yet, email me at sage@stampingmadly with your Cardmaking Contest entry.