Scoring Big with Beautiful Backgrounds

Remember the beautifully scored background in this card?

Happiness Shared with Diagonally Scored Background

I showed the scoring technique very briefly in a video when the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate was introduced by Stampin' Up!  http://youtu.be/18-jKu8DnjU

Since then, I've had some questions about the technique, and realized I needed to do a video with the complete instructions.  Here it is, just for you, just because you asked for it:

In case you're wondering, the stamp set I used for this card is another retiring set, Happiness Shared.

Leave a comment and let me know if the video helps clarify your questions.  Then make sure you have Simply Scored and the Diagonal Plate so you can Score Big with Beautiful Backgrounds!

6 Responses to Scoring Big with Beautiful Backgrounds

1. Beth May 21, 2012 at 12:46 pm #

Thanks for the video!

2. Sage Kimble May 21, 2012 at 1:16 pm #

Youre welcome! I hope youll try the technique.

3. Terry Molineux May 22, 2012 at 2:01 am #

What a great video! I am a visual person so this really helps….the scoreboard scared me so I avoided using it. My adopted upline worked with it Saturday and I finally conquered my fear and now you posted this…I couldn’t ask for me Thanks!

Inky Hugs,
    Terry~~

4. lisa808 May 22, 2012 at 4:50 am #

Pretty card and amazing coloring.

5. Sage Kimble May 22, 2012 at 9:14 am #

Thanks, Terry. Im so glad I could help. I think Simply Scored and the Diagonal Plate are really great tools, and want people to get comfortable using them. I have another video in the works showing another background technique using Simply Scored without the diagonal plate.

6. Sage Kimble May 22, 2012 at 9:15 am #

Thanks, Lisa. Im sad to see Happiness Shared retire, it is so beautiful when colored.