Hot Tip from the Hot Tip Queen

Months ago a follower left a comment calling me the Hot Tip Queen, because she found Hot Tip Queen at Stamping Madlymy tips really helpful.  So I've taken on the title, and try to live up to it!

I got a question from a newsletter subscriber who noticed the wood block in my video appears to be painted or varnished.  So I thought I'd share this tip with all of you.  I learned it from my upline when she taught me how to mount my very first stamps.

IMG_5827Before I put the rubber and label on a new wood block, I coat it with a clear acrylic spray.  I get it in the spray paint section of the hardware store.  I usually do a couple of coats, covering both sides and the edges.

As you can see in the photo, the acrylic coating seals and protects the wood so it doesn't get stained by ink.  Since I seem to get ink all over everything when I'm stamping, it's really helpful to be able to wipe the block clean with a swipe of a cloth moistened with Stampin' Mist Stamp Cleaner!

Leave a comment and let me know what you think of this idea.  And keep coming back for more hot tips from the Hot Tip Queen!

6 Responses to Hot Tip from the Hot Tip Queen

1. theresa April 13, 2012 at 3:26 pm #

Great tip! Wondering…do you have your video tips archived here on your blog? They would be really good to review again and again…I’m kinda forgetful these days!!

2. Sage Kimble April 13, 2012 at 5:55 pm #

Thanks Theresa. All my videos (except for those that are exclusive to a mailing list or a class) are available on my YouTube channel: link to youtube.com. Maybe someday Ill get them all organized into an archive of some kind. Its on my list. ­čśÇ

3. Evelyn April 14, 2012 at 8:40 am #

Great idea!

4. theresa April 14, 2012 at 10:49 am #

You’re welcome Sage! Your videos are very helpful and would love it if you could somehow archive them here. I just started receiving them by email….such wonderful tips!! I have learned sooo much!!! Many many many thanks!!!

5. Patrice H April 14, 2012 at 11:30 am #

Yes, you are the Hot Tip Queen! This is a great idea Sage!

6. Terry Molineux April 14, 2012 at 12:03 pm #

Sage I have been doing this for 8 1/2 years but I paint mine on with a brush and always do two coats. My stamps always look brand spanking new! thanks for the tip!