How to Make Medallions or “Lollies”

IMG_45400000 I’ve been showing you a lot of cards I’ve made recently with different kinds of medallions or “lollies.”  I promised a video, and just finished it last night.  It demonstrates how to make the lollie on this card.

I hope you’ll try some yourself.  But I have to warn you, I find them quite addicting!  But then, you might expect that from a Mad Stamper!

Have fun experimenting with these fun embellishments that add a huge WOW to any handmade card or other paper crafting project.

Happy Stamping!

10 Responses to How to Make Medallions or “Lollies”

1. Carol V September 16, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

OH my, I can’t wait to show my friend the trick of the jar lid…..too cool. Thanks for sharing.

2. Sue Erickson September 16, 2011 at 8:36 pm #

The jar lid is such a great idea, Sage! It will definitely help me. Thanks so much for thinking of it and sharing the idea.
    Sue

3. Terry Schultz September 17, 2011 at 8:10 am #

So clever to use the jar lid. Those medallions are pesky to keep in place.
    SU needs their own glue gun :o}

4. Dorothy T September 17, 2011 at 8:59 am #

Thank you so much for making this tutorial and sharing with us. I have had problems trying to make these Medallions.

5. Melanie September 20, 2011 at 9:02 pm #

Thanks for the great video Sage, so helpful.

6. Jan Hoyt September 26, 2011 at 10:15 am #

a jar lid!!! You are a genius….I have been messing around trying to make a template with hole just the right size, finally succeeded in getting one thick enough in the right size but cutting a hole out of corrugated cardboard (from an old SU box, of course!) but a jar lid would have bee so much faster and easier. Thanks for the inspiration…I love making the medallions/lollies with our Simply Scored tool as well, now I will be turning it so the numbers are close to my 55 yr old eyes. ūüėČ Great video, love the ideas you have shared and the polka dots on that Mocha Morning paper are darling!

7. Sage Kimble September 26, 2011 at 11:20 am #

Thanks, Jan. The jar lid was definitely a light bulb moment. Im glad you like the video. I was really surprised to see how cool the polka dots turned out on the medallion. Ive had to take a break from them so I can get some other stuff done, but between Simply Scored and the jar lid, Im really hooked!

The Mad Stamper

8. Linda Tarolli September 27, 2011 at 3:19 am #

What a great lolly that polka dot paper made. I need to go scrounge some up and make some more myself – with a jar lid close at hand, of course.

TFS

9. Cathleen McSorley November 2, 2011 at 6:52 pm #

Sage
    I love your work. The pattern of this lollie is gorgeous. Can’t wait to make it. I have learned so much from you in your videos and tutorials. Thank you so much Cathleen

10. Sage Kimble November 2, 2011 at 7:56 pm #

Thanks so much, Cathleen. I love teaching, and am always encouraged when I get feedback like yours.