How to Make Medallions or “Lollies”

IMG_45400000 I’ve been showing you a lot of cards I’ve made recently with different kinds of medallions or “lollies.”  I promised a video, and just finished it last night.  It demonstrates how to make the lollie on this card.

I hope you’ll try some yourself.  But I have to warn you, I find them quite addicting!  But then, you might expect that from a Mad Stamper!

Have fun experimenting with these fun embellishments that add a huge WOW to any handmade card or other paper crafting project.

Happy Stamping!

10 Responses to How to Make Medallions or “Lollies”

1. Carol V September 16, 2011 at 4:20 pm #

OH my, I can’t wait to show my friend the trick of the jar lid…..too cool. Thanks for sharing.

2. Sue Erickson September 16, 2011 at 8:36 pm #

The jar lid is such a great idea, Sage! It will definitely help me. Thanks so much for thinking of it and sharing the idea.
    Sue

3. Terry Schultz September 17, 2011 at 8:10 am #

So clever to use the jar lid. Those medallions are pesky to keep in place.
    SU needs their own glue gun :o}

4. Dorothy T September 17, 2011 at 8:59 am #

Thank you so much for making this tutorial and sharing with us. I have had problems trying to make these Medallions.

5. Melanie September 20, 2011 at 9:02 pm #

Thanks for the great video Sage, so helpful.

6. Jan Hoyt September 26, 2011 at 10:15 am #

a jar lid!!! You are a genius….I have been messing around trying to make a template with hole just the right size, finally succeeded in getting one thick enough in the right size but cutting a hole out of corrugated cardboard (from an old SU box, of course!) but a jar lid would have bee so much faster and easier. Thanks for the inspiration…I love making the medallions/lollies with our Simply Scored tool as well, now I will be turning it so the numbers are close to my 55 yr old eyes. ­čśë Great video, love the ideas you have shared and the polka dots on that Mocha Morning paper are darling!

7. Sage Kimble September 26, 2011 at 11:20 am #

Thanks, Jan. The jar lid was definitely a light bulb moment. Im glad you like the video. I was really surprised to see how cool the polka dots turned out on the medallion. Ive had to take a break from them so I can get some other stuff done, but between Simply Scored and the jar lid, Im really hooked!

The Mad Stamper

8. Linda Tarolli September 27, 2011 at 3:19 am #

What a great lolly that polka dot paper made. I need to go scrounge some up and make some more myself – with a jar lid close at hand, of course.

TFS

9. Cathleen McSorley November 2, 2011 at 6:52 pm #

Sage
    I love your work. The pattern of this lollie is gorgeous. Can’t wait to make it. I have learned so much from you in your videos and tutorials. Thank you so much Cathleen

10. Sage Kimble November 2, 2011 at 7:56 pm #

Thanks so much, Cathleen. I love teaching, and am always encouraged when I get feedback like yours.