New from Stampin’ Up!: Blossom Box Die

I am really a sucker for cute little boxes, so when I saw this new Big Shot Die die from Stampin' Up! I couldn't wait to try it out.  So I sat down to play with it the other day, and this is what I ended up with:

Blossom Box Die from Stampin' Up!

Blossom Box Die from Stampin' Up!
Aren't they sweet?  What a great presentation for a gift of jewelry, small trinket, or chocolates. Or just imagine them as party or wedding reception favors!

Here is what the die looks like:

IMG_4132

Obviously, this makes only half a box.  You have to use Designer Series Paper, and can only cut one piece at a time, otherwise your score lines will not be deep enough.  Card stock is too heavy to work all those folds well, and the Extended Crease Pad is a must!

IMG_4121

As you can see, the shape of the box is created by lots and lots of folds.  Each one must be creased really well with a bone folder in order to get the box to fold correctly.  It is a bit or work, but I found it rather soothing to fold and crease, fold and crease, and then end up with the shape just magically coming together!

Let me know if you are interested, and I will try to make a video on making these boxes next week.

Click here to order the Blossom Box Die from Stampin' Up!
If you need to create some fun party favors or a sweet treat box, click here to purchase the Blossom Box die from my online Stampin' Up! Store.

Happy Stamping,

1sagesiggy

Stamping Madly on Facebook

9 Responses to New from Stampin’ Up!: Blossom Box Die

1. Julie M. July 15, 2011 at 5:08 pm #

I was wondering if you could post dimensions of the finished product? I wish SU would include them in the catalogs; it would be so helpful. Thank you.

2. Sage Kimble July 15, 2011 at 8:32 pm #

Thanks for your request, Julie. I never seem to remember to include dimensions on 3D items, because I can see what size it is when it is in my hand! I forget that you cant tell that from a picture, unless I put a ruler in it too. Anyway, the box is 2 5/8 in diameter on the bottom, the top is about 3 1/4 across, and the sides are 1 high. Hope that helps.

Nurturing Creativity, One Stamp at a Time

email: sage@stampingmadly.com
    blog:

3. Melannie - Craft Haven Retreats July 16, 2011 at 8:56 am #

Hi Sage, I would like to see a video of the construction process for the Blossom Box Die. I think they would make excellent gift/treat boxes. Thanks for sharing!

4. ruth July 16, 2011 at 9:18 am #

can’t wait to see the video….it’s and interesting die and i hope there is a lot of people that have great ideas how to use this….i love the idea of chocolate inside….i was also thinking of a coupon for a nite out, free babysitting, etc…

5. Sage Kimble July 16, 2011 at 11:17 am #

Thanks for all your comments. I will put the video at the top of my to-do list!

6. Anita July 27, 2011 at 1:43 pm #

Just in case anyone is wondering, the box is a lot easier to put together than you might think! The creases looked overwhelming at first, but after making one, the rest have gone together very quickly for me. It’s a great die for fun little gifts!!!

7. Sage Kimble July 27, 2011 at 1:46 pm #

Thanks for adding your comments, Anita. I agree, they are easier than it looks at first! And after doing one, the rest are a snap.

Nurturing Creativity, One Stamp at a Time

email: sage@stampingmadly.com
    blog:

8. Tina Galeana July 29, 2011 at 11:35 am #

Yes!!! Please post a video. My niece purchased the die and between the both of us, we can’t seem to get it down pat. It would be a great help!!!

Tina

9. Sage Kimble July 29, 2011 at 12:44 pm #

Its on my to-do list, but some other things intervened. I should be able to get to it in a week or two. Thanks for visiting Stamping Madly.!

Nurturing Creativity, One Stamp at a Time