Vintage Cardmaking

Stampin' Up! gives us some great products for making vintage projects, and I just can't stop making them.  Although I use other styles, it is always a treat when I have time to create a new vintage card.  Here is my latest.

IMG_3531

I did what I call the Tapestry Technique for the focal piece .  It started out Very Vanilla stamped with En Francais in Soft Suede.  Then I stamped the flourish from Elements of Style in Bravo Burgundy Craft Ink and embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder.  Next came some Frost White Shimmer Paint (Faux Pearl Technique), then I brayered the whole thing with Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake ink. I love how the different layers of inks and images came together to create an effect like a rich tapestry.  I used a Rosette sponged lightly with Blushing Bride with leaves punched from Bravo Burgundy card stock (2 Step Bird Punch).

IMG_3534
The mats underneath the tapestry are Soft Suede and Blushing Bride, both stamped with the Very Vintage Wheel in Soft Suede ink.  Then I distressed the heck out of all three layers with the distressing tool and sponged the edges with Soft Suede.  I also crumpled the top layer and sponged the creases.

The base is Crumb Cake with the Bravo Burgundy layer stamped tone-on-tone with the flourish from Elements of Style.  Three medium sized Basic Pearls provide a sweet finish.

Inspired?  I hope so.  That is why I keep making things to show you!  Do you like this style?  I have had some requests from people who want to learn about making vintage projects, so I am working on a series of videos on my favorite techniques.  Let me know if you want to learn them, too.  Just leave a comment or email me at sage@stampingmadly.com

Are your fingers inky?  If not, what are you waiting for!  Get stamping!

1sagesiggy

Stamping Madly on Facebook

9 Responses to Vintage Cardmaking

1. Carol Matthews March 30, 2011 at 12:23 pm #

Oh I totally love this!! It’s gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing – it gives me joy just to look at it!

2. crafty stamper March 30, 2011 at 12:43 pm #

What a wonderful card. Your use of the Tapestry Technique is awesome and the effect is very vintage. I just love it. You put a lot of work into this card, and it shows. Thank you for sharing

3. Tami Black March 30, 2011 at 12:50 pm #

Sage,

Let’s be honest — you don’t “just stamp.” You create art pieces — this is outstandling beautiful. I am such a fan of your work and love the art you so graciously share from your heart! Gorgeous!

4. Karen March 30, 2011 at 1:43 pm #

Vintage is my favorite style, so I’m looking forward to your videos.

5. Sage Kimble March 30, 2011 at 7:59 pm #

Thanks so much for all your comments. I am glad you are looking forward to some vintage technique videos.

Nurturing Creativity, One Stamp at a Time

email: sage@stampingmadly.com
    blog:

6. Sage Kimble March 30, 2011 at 8:02 pm #

Thanks so much, Tami. I am touched by your comment! I tend to see them as art pieces–especially when I get on a vintage kick. It is always good to hear how they are received!

Nurturing Creativity, One Stamp at a Time

email: sage@stampingmadly.com
    blog:

7. Dale Morin March 31, 2011 at 4:38 am #

What a beautiful card! It is more than stamping that is for sure. Would love to see a video on doing this technique. TFS

8. Sage Kimble March 31, 2011 at 5:39 am #

Thanks so much for your comment. I have had a lot of response about interest in videos on vintage techniques, and will get one ready for everyone as soon as I can–it will have to wait just a little while, though. My whole house is getting a new hardwood floor installed next week, and I will not have access to studio, computer, and probably my sanity, for a while!

9. Patrice H March 31, 2011 at 3:50 pm #

Enjoy your new floors and thanks for the inspiration!