Vintage Bliss

I have been channeling my inner Esther Howland again!  If you don’t know who she was, see my post about the Mother of the American Valentine.  Ever since I wrote that post, whenever I make something in a vintage/Victorian/romantic style, I think of Esther.  Here is my latest:

02 16 11_0030

I love how soft and pretty this card turned out.  And you can see I went to town with the distressing again!  I have some close-up shots for you–click on any one of them to see a larger view.

Bliss from www.stampingmadly.com

The card base is Naturals Ivory embossed with the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder. I lightly sponged the embossed design with Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake inks.  I also embossed the Crumb Cake layer, and sponged the distressed edges with Chocolate Chip.  Click here for a video tutorial on how to use the Framed Tulips Folder on different sizes of card stock.

Bliss from www.stampingmadly.com  The Blushing Bride layer was stamped tone-on-tone with the background image, then Bliss was stamped with Chocolate Chip Craft Ink and embossed with Clear Embossing powder.

I distressed and sponged the edges and some of the surface with Crumb Cake Ink.

The ribbon is Crumb Cake Seam Binding, with an Antique Brad securing the bow.  This is the easy way to make bows, and if you want a tutorial for it, leave me a comment and I will put one together for you!

Bliss from www.stampingmadly.com The flowers and butterfly were all stamped in Craft inks and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder

I love this Bliss stamp set.  And one of the best things about it is it is FREE with the Sale-a-Bration promotion.  Just order $50 worth of merchandise and you can get free Bliss!  Such a deal!

7 Responses to Vintage Bliss

1. lisa808 February 18, 2011 at 3:17 pm #

Stunning creation!

2. crafty stamper February 19, 2011 at 3:01 am #

Wow, what a wonderful card. I love the distressed look.

3. Created By You February 19, 2011 at 3:53 am #

What a beautiful card Sage,love the layers, distressing and tearing.. stunning results!
    TFS
    Sharon F.

4. Sage Kimble February 19, 2011 at 7:23 am #

Thanks everyone for your comments. The response to this card has been tremendous. This is my favorite style, and I love that you all like it as well.

5. Patrice H February 22, 2011 at 8:35 am #

Sage, this card is gorgeous I just love how you made it. I too am fan of distressing and vintage!

6. Barbara Davis March 1, 2011 at 2:44 am #

I lve this card and would love to know how you did that I think torn center!!!
    Thanks Barbara

7. Sage Kimble March 1, 2011 at 9:24 am #

I used the distressing tool on the edges of the Blushing Bride layer, and it broke down the fibers in the card stock so much that they began to separate in the corner.

I will be offering a tutorial for sale on this project soon, so be sure to check back if you are interested.

The Mad Stamper