Guess What?

Here is another card I made using the same sketch as in this post HERE.

Poinsettias and Pearls

Do you know what I used to make the leaves?  Leave a comment with your guess, and I will draw a name from those who guess correctly. Then I will send the card to that person.

33 Responses to Guess What?

1. Sandi Dailey December 16, 2010 at 10:33 am #

Hmm, that is a really tough one Sage — I’m going to say the Decorative Label punch. Yah, yah — I know, it is a shot in the dark. But I needed to say something because your card is awesome (as usual) and I would love to receive it!!
    Sandi Dailey
    gdailey@concentric.net
    link to anotherchancetostamp.blogspot.com

2. Sage Kimble December 16, 2010 at 10:36 am #

Good guess. I am not saying anything more at this time, not until others have a chance to guess.

505.266.6240
    email: sage@stampingmadly.com
    blog:http://www.stampingmadly.com
    SU website: blog:abqsage.stampinup.net

3. Elizabeth Velazquez December 16, 2010 at 10:49 am #

I think you used the wing of the bird punch with the round scallop punch. Did I guessed right? ­čśë

4. Sage Kimble December 16, 2010 at 11:25 am #

Another good guess. You will have to wait to hear if you are right, though!

505.266.6240
    email: sage@stamingmadly.com
    blog:http://www.stampingmadly.com
    SU website: blog:abqsage.stampinup.net

5. Elin K. December 16, 2010 at 12:14 pm #

This was a toughie! My guess is you used the bottom wings from the medium butterfly in the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die. ­čÖé

Love the card!

Elin K.
    kovash001@hotmail.com

6. Joyce K December 16, 2010 at 12:54 pm #

I think you are using the tail pieces from the sizzix die “Beautiful Butterflies” I think you just cut off the back 2 wings.
    Joyce k.
    stampahaulic@comcast.net

7. Sage Kimble December 16, 2010 at 1:12 pm #

Good guesses, everybody. But you have to wait to find out for sure!

505.266.6240
    email: sage@stamingmadly.com
    blog:http://www.stampingmadly.com
    SU website: blog:abqsage.stampinup.net

8. Sue Erickson December 16, 2010 at 1:27 pm #

Hmmm….It looks like the 5 petal flower punch but that would be too obvious so I am probably wrong. I love the layout you used.
    Sue aka The Soggy Stamper

9. Rose Kerry December 16, 2010 at 3:37 pm #

Looks like the five petal punch to me too with score lines down the middle of each petal. But that would be too obsvious.

10. Robbie December 16, 2010 at 5:44 pm #

It is definitely the 5 petal flower punch. I have made flowers like this but not a poinsettia.

Robbie

11. Sage Kimble December 16, 2010 at 5:56 pm #

The flowers are definitely made with the 5-petal flower punch. What I was asking you to figure out is what the leaves are made with.

Nurturing Creativity, One Stamp at a Time

email: sage@stampingmadly.com
    blog:

12. Rose Kerry December 16, 2010 at 7:22 pm #

Are they punch out of red velvet? Cardboard (like a cereal box) that you rolled with cherry cobbler ink? It’s hard to tell without feeling the petals.

13. Tina December 16, 2010 at 9:25 pm #

I would have to guess the bat punch is what made the leaves.

14. Sage Kimble December 16, 2010 at 9:36 pm #

Good guess, Tina. Youll have to wait to find out, though.

505.266.6240
    email: sage@stamingmadly.com
    blog:http://www.stampingmadly.com
    SU website: blog:abqsage.stampinup.net

15. Connie Smith December 16, 2010 at 10:53 pm #

The leaves: I would say the curly label extra large punch with some wasabi or garden green cardstock…cant’ see them too well, but that’s what it looks like .. The BRACTS on the flower are the 5 petal flower punch out of either cherry cobbler cardstock or some colored pellon interfacing… but would think you used cardstock.

16. Susan Carlson December 17, 2010 at 4:35 am #

It’s the bottom wings from one of the Beautiful Butterflies bigz dies.

Susan

17. Debbie Flattum December 17, 2010 at 10:46 am #

This is tougher than I thought. Looks like the lower portion of the large butterfly wing on the Beautiful Butterflies die. Very creative…however you made. Thanks for sharing.

18. Sharon wheet December 17, 2010 at 11:58 am #

My guess is that you used the 5 petal punch to create the leaves and a bone folder to create the crease.

19. Cathleen McSorley December 17, 2010 at 12:04 pm #

Oh boy, this is hard. It looks like the extra large oval and you cut or punched areas to give the edges of the leaves. I know that is far off but I bet you used something way for off. LOL Love it – Cathleen McSorley

20. Rose Kerry December 17, 2010 at 12:37 pm #

I think it’s the decorative label punch punched several times to make the different points.

21. Kris McIntosh December 17, 2010 at 12:42 pm #

This is a lovely card. My gues for the leaves – it’s a long shot – a corner of the Square Scallop. Love the card.

22. Claire Ventre December 17, 2010 at 12:54 pm #

5-petal flower punch:)

23. Cynthia Ferenz December 17, 2010 at 4:52 pm #

I think the leaves are made with the bottom of the wings from the Beautiful Butterflies die (the larger of the 2 full butterflies).

Cynthia Ferenz
    Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

24. Robbie December 17, 2010 at 5:14 pm #

How about the scallop square?

Robbie

25. Babe O'Mara December 17, 2010 at 5:19 pm #

I’m going to guess it’s the Beautiful Butterflies die. Whatever you used it’s a beautiful card.

Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

26. Charlotte Cook December 17, 2010 at 5:55 pm #

Blossoms Petal punch was used from the new Occasions mini. As far as what material used, if it isn’t CS, then felt. Love the card! Very Nice!

27. Michelle December 17, 2010 at 8:03 pm #

Cute Card! I think the punch is the Modern Label Extra-Large Punch.

28. Joni Kelly December 17, 2010 at 8:49 pm #

Definitely the green leaves are the lower wings from the larger solid butterfly in the Sizzix Bigz Beautiful Butterflies die. Cool touch!

29. Sage Kimble December 17, 2010 at 8:52 pm #

You guys are great with all your guesses. I will post the answer and the recipient of the card in the morning. Sweet dreams,

email: sage@stamingmadly.com

30. Twila Mustain December 17, 2010 at 9:20 pm #

Beautiful card! I’m guessing, since the scallops are opposite, that you used the scallop square corner, then lined it up in the punch again on opposite sides to achieve that effect. I’ll be looking forward to hearing what you really used.

31. peggy bell December 18, 2010 at 3:22 am #

I would have to say the beautiful butterflies die . I love the card it is so pretty .Dianne Bell peggydiannebell@yahoo.com

32. Marilyn Mae December 18, 2010 at 4:37 am #

My guess is the Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die. Marilyn Mae

33. Sandi Dailey December 18, 2010 at 10:04 am #

Not fair — I should have waited until yesterday to comment — LOL. Of course it is the butterfly die — a big “dah” on my part!! Yes, I know it is past the deadline to comment, but I was here anyway. LOL