Stamp-A-Holics Friday Challenge #126

Friday morning, time to post my Stamp-a-Holics Challenge project.  This is a scrapbook sketch, presented by Marisol Gutierrez:

So for a scrapbook page the challenge is to finish in 20 minutes, instead of the 10 we get for a card.  Woo Hoo, 10 extra minutes!  And scrapbooking is not my strong suit, so this was going to be interesting.  Fortunately I really like this sketch, and thought it would be fun to work with.
I played with the sketch last week.  I wanted to try a project with My Digital Studio and thought this might be a good opportunity.  I didn't time how long this took, because I thought I would do a paper page at another time.  Well, turns out I have not been able to do another page (life does interfere sometimes), so rather than not share in the challenge this week, I thought I would show you what I did with MDS.
I can tell you this did NOT take 20 minutes.  Lil T wasn't even in the room, since I was not planning to use this for the challenge.  It probably took me 3 hours at least.  It probably took me an hour to figure out how to get my photos from iPhoto into MDS, since Mac does something funny and hides the actual files.  But once I had the photos I had a great time learning how to do something with them.  Here is my page:
So there you have it.  I have finally taken the plunge and started learning Stampin' Up!'s great digital design program.  I resisted it for months, thinking it would be hard, I am not good with graphics programs, it would take forever, ya da ya da ya da!  But I am glad I got brave and just did it.  If you haven't tried it, I hope you will take the plunge as well.  If you want some more information, there is a button on my left sidebar, or you can email me at abqmadstamper@gmail.com.
Now that you have seen my project, be sure to hop on over to Carole'Anne's blog HERE so you can see her page and find the links to other Stamp-a-Holics projects.  And is this the week you are going to join our challenge?  What is it going to take to get you to join in? Hmmm, do you need enticements?  Blog Candy?  I will have to think about that . . .See you next week,

Labels: ,

11 Responses to Stamp-A-Holics Friday Challenge #126

1. Mary (aka Muffins Mama) June 11, 2010 at 6:47 am #

Very inspiring page, Sage. I especially like the background script. TFS!

2. Cynthia June 11, 2010 at 7:29 am #

This is a great page. The background highlights to photos very well. I really like it!Cynthia

3. sandi amp; Mr. Nasty June 11, 2010 at 7:46 am #

Sage this page is fabulous, and good for you for jumping on the MDS wagon, Im hoping to get some of mine done this weekend…awesome job on the sketch.

4. CaroleAnne AKA Stampin Stressaway June 11, 2010 at 8:10 am #

whow Sage what a beautiful pagewho said it was a timed thing LOLcan you break the rules or whatthe colours are fabulous and I really love what you have created way to go!

5. CarolS June 11, 2010 at 8:27 am #

Very nice, Sage! Love the colors you chose to compliment your photos. It looks very relaxing. Youve inspired me to start playing with my MDS.

6. Darla Benson June 11, 2010 at 7:02 pm #

I think you did a fantastic job, Sage. Way to go learning MDS. It can be a little tricky some of the time. Glad Im not the only one who tends to go over the time limits!

7. A Touch of SOL June 11, 2010 at 9:30 pm #

MDS! HMMM! I dont have it but I SO WANT IT…I love what you did. Oh I wish I can be at the Botanical Gardens now…You did a FAB job.

8. Mitzi Luttrull June 11, 2010 at 11:13 pm #

Your page looks great!Your pics really stand out with that dark matting.

9. delysc June 12, 2010 at 2:30 am #

Gorgeous page Sage! Love the colour and your photos are fab too.

10. Debbie DT June 12, 2010 at 1:42 pm #

I love this Sage! I wish I were there. It looks so tranquil and relaxing.

11. Tory June 13, 2010 at 5:57 pm #

Im so proud of you. I know you were dreading MDS. Its fun once you get the hang of it, though. Love you page. Im not much of a scrapper either, so…double proud of you!