One More Vintage Bella Bleu

I hope it is spring where you are!
The garden gives me so much inspiration,
and it is a joy to see new blossoms every day.

I am still on the Bella Blue/Vintage Vogue kick.  Here is the latest:
Actually it is the third in a series I put together for a Vintage Class.  I will be offering a tutorial here for the class soon.  You have seen the other two projects in the past week or so, but here is a photo of them all together:

I used some great ideas I cased from the great friends and stampers at Late Night Stampers.  If you are a stamper looking for a great place to exchange ideas with other Stampin’ Up! aficionados, check out this group.
The rose is from Julie Williams at this link: SimiStamper.  I don’t remember who first shared the faux lace technique, but it has been  a popular technique lately, especially with the vintage style of project.  I couldn’t find a tutorial to link to for you, so I made one myself.
FAUX LACE TUTORIAL
Cut a 1 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ strip of card stock.  Break down the paper fibers with a bone folder, running along the length of the strip over and over until the strip is very pliable.

Embellish the strip:
I punched one edge with the Eyelet Border Punch.
To add some texture
and in keeping with the vintage style,
I stamped this image from  Vintage Vogue stamp set.
Then I sponged over the stamping with Creamy Caramel
to make it look aged and dusty.

I sponged the edges with Bordering Blue to match the card stock
I adhered it to.
Next, you want to beat up the paper some more.
Run it through the crimper 4 or 5 times.
Then take your bone folder to it again
to smooth out the crimping a little.
At this point you will have a very soft, pliable piece of paper that feels like fabric.
Now apply some Sticky Strip to the piece of cardstock you want to attach it to.
Burnish the Sticky Strip.
(That is a fancy way of saying rub it with your bone folder.)
Apply your lace to the Sticky Strip, pleating it as you go.
Be sure to put the embellished side down.
And there you have it!
Well, that is my very first tutorial.  Let me know what you think. I love to hear your comments.  If you subscribe to the blog, you will get notice of when the class tutorial is ready.
May the spring bring you lots of new growth and great blooming.

Labels: , , , ,

12 Responses to One More Vintage Bella Bleu

1. Becky April 5, 2010 at 9:57 am #

Very nicely done!!! More, please 🙂

2. Becky April 5, 2010 at 10:04 am #

Ive just finished scanning your website and totally intend to come back when I have plenty of time…Ive also added my subscription…your work is amazing!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

3. Debby April 5, 2010 at 10:11 am #

Oh I love your vintage cards, I love vintage anyway but you did the perfect job on them. Loved your tutorial, you did an excellent job on displaying and showing how to do it fantasticly. Thanks for sharing with us. I also am subscribing to your blog, love your work.Angel hugsDebby

4. Pine Bird Knitter April 5, 2010 at 11:22 am #

Your vintage cards are so very pretty! And your tutorial is really good; step by step with clear instructions that are easy to follow/understand. Thank you.

5. Stamptastic April 5, 2010 at 12:26 pm #

Wow, great tutorial, Sage. Thanks so much for sharing. You obviously put a lot of work into it! Cant wait to give this a try.

6. Chriserendipity April 5, 2010 at 3:03 pm #

Sage, your card set is simply stunning! Thanks for the tutorial–it was perfectly clear and well-photographed!

7. dlove2scrap April 10, 2010 at 2:37 pm #

Sage! You have completely wowd me. I had so much fun last night creating this card. I cant wait to make more. I also cant wait to see what over beautiful creations you come up with.

8. Mary (aka Muffins Mama) April 10, 2010 at 6:36 pm #

Ooooh, thank you for the excellent faux lace tutorial. Your vintage cards are spectacular. Thanks for sharing!

9. LeAnne April 27, 2010 at 3:52 pm #

Well, I think this is awesome. I love anything vintage, and this is a VERY cool technique! You did a good job with the tutorial!

10. Marie-Michèle Livernoche May 3, 2010 at 8:30 am #

Great tutorial! Very clear!! Ive got to try you technique!!

11. delysc May 3, 2010 at 10:55 am #

great tutorial thanks Sage and I must try this out too!

12. Lisa Kind May 6, 2010 at 3:02 pm #

What a great idea and tutorial! Thanks so much for the information!