Happy Spring to All

and welcome to my new blog.

So spring is showing here in Albuquerque–the first crocus in my yard actually opened on February 1st in the very warmest spot. Now the yard is dotted with bits of yellow here and there, and a daffodil has opened as well. I love how these early blooms remind me of the longer warm days just around the corner in spite of the cold nights and blustery days. But I must admit, a cold day here is pretty warm compared to more northern climes. Today was gorgeous, sunny, with a brilliant New Mexico blue sky, and a cold breeze barely noticeable when standing in the sun.

Enough about the weather. I came to share a project with you. Here is a card from one of my favorite stamp sets from the Occasions Mini,

Abundant Hope,

that fits right in with what is happening in the garden.

This card also features the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. What a great tool. It makes such a crisp, textured polka dot background.

Other supplies and tools:
  • Card Stock: Garden Green, Whisper White, Shimmery White, Apricot Appeal, and Certainly Celery
  • Ink: Black Staz-On, Garden Green
  • Ribbon: Certainly Celery 5/8″ Satin–also new in the Occasions Mini Catalog
  • Brads: Rich Regals, and White 5/16″ embossed with Apricot Appeal Craft Ink
  • Punches: Scalloped Border, Modern Label
  • Big Shot Punch Window Movers and Shapers die.
Thanks for visiting, and come back soon.

Labels: , , ,

12 Responses to

1. Tory February 26, 2010 at 6:40 pm #

Congrats on getting your blog up and running! It looks great. So does your card. Great job!

2. Melissa February 26, 2010 at 6:45 pm #

Blog looks great Sage, and Im soooooo jealous of your spring time…Im a southern girl living in Kansas this year and am blown away by all this snow! Love your work and cant wait to add another blog to my list of must-visits!

3. Ret February 26, 2010 at 6:45 pm #

Sage, congrats on your new blog!! Its really pretty, they did a really nice job on it for you.I love the card!! Its beautiful does remind me of spring, which is not closeby to us here in Nova Scotia, Canada. Enjoy your great weather!!!Thanks for inspiring me!Ret

4. Jean Fitch from jlfstudio February 26, 2010 at 6:49 pm #

Terrific first post Sage. The new blog looks lovely. Loved the card and the picture of the Crocus. Gives me hope that Spring will arrive one of these days. Still waiting for my daffodils and crocus to bloom here in the Pacific Northwest though at least the stems are out of the ground – LoL!Hugs and best wishes from a sister demo – Jean

5. Deb Neerman February 26, 2010 at 7:10 pm #

Gorgeous card, love that stamp set!

6. Nana Jo February 26, 2010 at 7:18 pm #

Congratulations on your blog, looks great. I am your first follower. I expect to see great things. Just kidding, but I got your attention didnt I? LOLGreat card.

7. Diane February 26, 2010 at 7:55 pm #

Beautiful card! Im breaking out that set this weekend and getting ready for Easter creations. Youve inspired me. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to more of your gorgeous artwork.

8. Susan Timmerman February 27, 2010 at 1:31 am #

OH…I dont know what to comment on first Sage! I love your new blog! The butterflies are just beautiful! I LOVE daffodils so Abundant Hope was a set I HAD to have! Ive not used it yet but I HAD to have it! LOL But, even more than that I am SO jealous of your spring weather!!! It feels like it will be FOREVER before any flowers bloom out here in the midwest (I dont live too far from Melissa Riker who commented earlier)! SusanT

9. CaroleAnne AKA Stampin Stressaway February 27, 2010 at 2:50 am #

Hello SageWelcome to the Blogging world soon you will be addicted just like me he he:)I really love your Adundant Hope card – colours are beautiful!The textured background looks really classyI also like the brad punched thru the ribbonGreat job!Congratulations on your blog Sage!

10. sherryd February 27, 2010 at 5:34 am #

Your blog looks fantastic!

11. Hi, Im Lee Conrey! February 28, 2010 at 9:42 am #

Congratulations Sage! It looks beautiful. Im so glad you took the plunge!

12. stampingmadly March 1, 2010 at 1:14 pm #

Thanks to all of you for your comments on my first post. And I have to apologize to all of you in the northern climes for getting your hopes up about spring flowers when yours are still a ways off. But hey, I envy you all the moisture you get that we dont.